Ever wanted to have the instant beauty of Unreal Engine with the real-time power of TouchDesigner when creating particle systems and instanced geometry?
This toolchain will let you do just that!
Prerequisite for receiving textures over Spout in UE is installing: https://offworld.live/unreal-engine-live-streaming-toolkit
This was showcased as part of a Masterclass in Off World Live's Discord channel, thank you again for the invitation and facilitation!
Included is a sample TD and UE4.27 project file to get you going, and a TD .tox component to reuse in other projects.
- !Spout only allows us 16 bit float textures to be streamed over! This is a small limitation I'm happy to take.
- You can copy the "Asset/Instancing" folder to another UE project, you will only need to set up the Spout Receivers and Senders to point to the correct Render Targets
- NumInstances need to be updated manually in NS_Instancing_System parameters to the same number as the pixels of your textures sent over Spout (you can check this in TD middle clicking one of the textures and checking "Pixel" count) --- This might be solved to be automatic in a next update
- Mesh Geometry needs to be updated manually inside NS_Instancing_System->Mesh Renderer
There will be a reupload of the masterclass soon and also a short video on just the usage of the toolchain!
TD and UE project files and reusable components
- TD and UE project files and reusable components
- Size1.68 MB